For a little kick, we really liked sprinkling the dip with couple of thinly sliced jalapeños and several shakes of hot sauce after the scallion layer.
- 1 can (16 oz) vegetarian refried beans
- 1 can (4.5 oz) chopped green chiles, undrained
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 avocados, halved, pitted, flesh spooned out
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup Planetarian Instant Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 jar (16 oz) salsa, strained to equal 1 cup, juices discard or reserved for another use
- 1 heaping cup frozen corn, thawed
- 3/4 cup sliced canned black olives
- 1/2 cup thin sliced scallion greens from a couple of large bunches
- 1 recipe I-Can't-Believe-They're-Not-Fried Tortillas or Chips, or a 14- to 16-ounce bag store-bought tortilla chips.
Mix beans, chiles, 1 tablespoon of lime juice, chili powder, cumin, and a pinch of salt in a small bowl.
In a separate bowl mash avocados with a fork; stir in remaining 2 tablespoons of lime juice, cilantro, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt to make guacamole.
Mix sour cream and mayonnaise. Spread bean mixture, then guacamole, then sour cream mixture, and finally salsa over the bottom of a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate or similar size pan. Sprinkle on olives and corn. (Can be covered and refrigerated overnight.) When ready to serve, sprinkle with scallions and a little heat, if you like. (See note above)