This recipe is what we call a “Jumpstarter,” because it’s made from one of our bases, Pot of Rice. With a pot of rice made, you’ve got a jumpstart on multiple meals including this Coconut Rice Pudding! If you’re just making enough rice for Rice Pudding, you can use this recipe for a single, Perfect Pot of Rice.
Breakfast Coconut Rice Pudding
- 1 can (15-16 oz) coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup or agave
- 4 cups cooked rice (here's our recipe: Pot of Rice)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mixed Berry Sauce, optional
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted nuts (your choice)
- Bring coconut milk, maple syrup, rice, and 1 cup of water to simmer in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, and cook, stirring frequently, until rice thickens to pudding consistency, 6 to 8 minutes. Stir in vanilla and serve immediately with Mixed Berry Sauce or other toppings (see note above).