You can serve these beans over thick chunks of good quality toasted bread, but we preferred our bread served alongside the bowl of beans
- 1/4 cup olive oil (or garlic oil from Quick "Roasted" Garlic), plus more for drizzling
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (or 4 cloves of Quick "Roasted" Garlic, smashed)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 recipe A Pot of White Beans, drained and liquid reserved (about 4 cans or 6 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups reserved bean cooking liquid (or vegetable broth)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Salt & ground black pepper
- Lemon Pesto, optional
Heat oil and garlic over medium-low heat until garlic starts to sizzle and turn gold. Increase heat to medium and add optional red pepper flakes and all but 1/2 cup of the beans to the pot and cook, stirring frequently, to blend flavors, about 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, puree the 1/2 cup of beans and broth in a blender. Add bean liquid mixture to the pot of beans and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until bean liquid has reduced to a creamy sauce consistency, about 5 minutes longer. Season with salt and pepper, stir in parsley, and serve in shallow bowls with a drizzle of olive oil and optional Lemon Pesto.