This quick version of the Italian classic Pasta e Fagioli (‘pasta and bean’) soup is the perfect weeknight meal, especially with a loaf of Effortless Homemade Bread. If you have a quart of simple tomato sauce in the fridge or freezer, this meal comes together in a matter of minutes. This is a great one for kids who love the small white beans and bite-sized pasta.
Pasta E Fagioli
- 1 quart Simple Tomato Sauce
- 1 quart broth, your choice
- 2 cans (15-16 oz each) white beans, drained
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 1/2 cups small pasta (such as ditalini or small shells)
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Bring sauce, broth, beans and rosemary to a simmer over medium-high heat in a soup kettle. Add the pasta, reduce heat to low and simmer until pasta is tender, about 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper and Serve.