We’ve ridden hundreds of miles this year on our electric bikes. They provide excellent carbon-free exercise and adventure on our local mountain roads, on vacation, and while visiting family.
Our one challenge, however, is talking while we ride. Traffic, tire noise, and distance thwart simple dialogue; we’re not shouters. Introducing Milo.
- Essentially, elegant hands-free walkie talkies.
- Adjustable volume, with easy mute/unmute capability.
- Magnetically attaches via arm band, clothing clip, wrist loop, or handle-bar clip.
- Ideal for biking, hiking, skiing, swimming, surfing, or even chores around the house
- Makes adventuring so much safer.
- Encrypted network for your group of 2-12.
- 2,000-foot range, mesh further extends.
- Effectively cancels background noise.
- Unaffected by hot/cold temperatures, dust, or being submerged.
- Easy to recharge.
- Not cheap; avoiding one bike accident justifies them to us.
We love talking quietly through our Milos without interrupting other people’s wilderness experiences.
Laura & Gil
Our friends Laura & Gil Richardson are, in their own words, “imperfect” but they are much further down this Planetarian path than anyone I know. They are a treasure trove of sustainable living inspiration and we’ve asked them to share one simple swap per week that they’ve made (and the products they love) in hopes it might inspire you to make them, too.