As a rule, I dislike all store-bought dressings. But my cousin, Laura, (who is in this group) introduced me to Brianna’s Poppy Seed Dressing early last summer. We were making green & grain bowls and when she pulled a bottle of dressing out of the fridge I thought, “What on earth is she doing?!” But after one bite, I thought “Ohhhhhh this is perfect.” And I’ve been buying it ever since. But why buy it if you can make it? So we developed our own.
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons each: rice wine vinegar and Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon each: apple cider vinegar and poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon onion or garlic powder
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup flavorless oil, such as canola
- Measure maple syrup, vinegars, mustard, poppy seeds, onion powder and a sprinkling of salt and ground black pepper in a blender. Pulse to combine. With motor running, slowly add oil to form an emulsified dressing.