It’s Soup Season! We love a simmering pot on the stove: last season’s harvest or homemade big-batch soups from the deep freezer. They simmer, bubble, soften, and satisfy. Each pot is different, always a joy. One constant is the base – Better Than Bouillon:
- Delicious and Easy to use.
- Very cost-effective per serving (38 servings/jar).
- Super concentrated: 1 teaspoon of paste = 8 oz broth.
- Simple to modify the broth’s intensity.
- Reusable/recyclable small glass jars. (Multi-material, aseptic broth container’s recycling is complicated and limited.)
- Vegetarian, vegan, organic, and reduced-sodium options, as well as Myriad flavors
- Adds flavor density to marinades, beans, rice, casseroles
- Available at most grocery stores or online
- Discounts online for multi-pack purchases
- Very long shelf-life and fridge-life – 2 years!
Their new Culinary Collection includes Italian Herb, Smoky Chipotle, Sofrito, and Adobo bases.
Laura & Gil
Our friends Laura & Gil Richardson are, in their own words, “imperfect” but they are much further down this Planetarian path than anyone I know. They are a treasure trove of sustainable living inspiration and we’ve asked them to share one simple swap per week that they’ve made (and the products they love) in hopes it might inspire you to make them, too.