Our guest bedroom’s 35-year-old mattress doesn’t get much action and is in fine shape. Except it is REALLY firm. Multiple guests did the late-night Goldilocks switcheroo. Grateful for feedback, we wanted to act… yet were loath to altogether replace the mattress because:
- Landfills are so full; some states altogether prohibit mattress disposal.
- Buying used can be iffy.
- Mattress manufacturing embeds many commingled materials.
Check this out: Mattress Toppers by Avocado!
- Keep your existing mattress; add a comfy layer atop.
- Made from organic wool, alpaca fiber, GOTS-certified cotton, and/or GOLS-certified natural latex, all sustainable materials.
- Thermo-regulates temperature.
- Farmed in India and Guatemala by company employees; manufactured in California.
- Certified B-Corp, 1% for the Planet, Climate Neutral Certified.
Recent guests raved.
Laura & Gil
Our friends Laura & Gil Richardson are, in their own words, “imperfect” but they are much further down this Planetarian path than anyone I know. They are a treasure trove of sustainable living inspiration and we’ve asked them to share one simple swap per week that they’ve made (and the products they love) in hopes it might inspire you to make them, too.