Did you know?
– Farmed livestock accounts for 14.5% of all human-made greenhouse gas emissions.
– If the world’s one billion cows were a country, they’d rank third, after the US and China, in greenhouse gas emissions. (Source: Speed & Scale)
– Livestock takes up nearly 80% of global agricultural land, yet produces less than 20% of the world’s supply of calories.
– Agriculture accounts for 92% of global freshwater use, 1/3 of which relates to animal products.
– A global switch to a plant-rich diet would reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 2/3rds.
– Eating plant-rich has known health benefits—boosted immune system, reduced inflammation, lowered cancer and cholesterol risk, increased fiber and energy, better sleep, improved skin—What’s good for the earth is also good for you
Here’s What You Can Do
Change is hard, but it’s easier with help. Tune into this week’s podcast for inspiration, ideas, and encouragement.
Make A Change. Do a bit more than you have been, whatever that means for you! Maybe that’s cooking a plant-based meal, or doing Meatless Mondays, or finally taking on the challenge of reducing your dairy.
Go A Step Further. Try a new plant-based ingredient. If you think you can’t live without cream in your coffee, try oat creamer. If you think Mac & Cheese can’t be good without tons of cheese, try our recipe. Get a little outside your comfort zone!
Take The Lead. Try introducing somebody else to a plant-based meal – a friend, family member, coworker. Eating is believing! Open someone else’s eyes to how good plant-rich food can be.
Looking for more inspiration to be a greener, more Planetarian version of yourself this year? Sign-up to receive our weekly “Greener You” Challenges!