‘Greener You’ Challenge #1 – Switch to a Resuable Water Bottle

Did you know…

  • Bottled water is the #1 beverage category in the United States.
  • 86% of Americans regularly purchase bottled water.
  • 481.6 billion plastic bottles are used worldwide in a single year.
  • It takes 450 years for a plastic bottle to decompose.
  • Only 9% of plastic is actually recycled. The other 91% ends up in oceans and landfills.
  • It takes 17 million barrels of oil to make the plastic water bottles we Americans consume annually.
  • If you have access to safe drinking water, consider making a permanent shift away from bottled water.

Here’s what you can do:

Make a Change. Don’t drink bottled water. Instead, carry a reusable water bottle wherever you go. “Keys, wallet, phone, water.” Don’t leave home without it.

Go a Step Further. Don’t purchase plastic-bottle beverages of any kind. Buy only reusable cartons or cans.

Take the Lead. Find out who’s in charge at your school, church, work, and organizations. Help them find better options to plastic water bottles. As a Plantetarian, multiply your impact. What you’re doing it is great. Getting others to do it is even better.

Join Us!

Looking for more inspiration to be a greener, more Planetarian version of yourself this year? Sign-up to receive our weekly “Greener You” Challenges!

Leave a comment

Become a Planetarian

Planetarian Life is a community working together to create a brighter, more hopeful future for the Earth. We need you - more people equals more impact! Start by signing up for our newsletter, you’ll receive a not-yet-posted Capsule recipe and seasonal suggestions to inspire your cooking. We also share tips, techniques, skills, and green inspiration.