Using a combination of green and purple makes for a more colorful slaw, but you can make it with one or the other.
- 1 pound (about 1/4 small head) each: green and purple cabbage, very thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, coarsely grated
- 1/4 each: small red and yellow bell pepper
- 4 medium scallions, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- 9 tablespoons (1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon) vegan mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Mix cabbage, carrot, peppers, scallions, and cilantro in a large bowl. Add mayonnaise, vinegar, and a generous sprinkling of salt and pepper. Toss, taste, and adjust seasonings, including additional vinegar, salt, and pepper; toss again and serve.